Starting around the age of 25, signs of our skin beginning to age become noticeable on our bodies, and the eye area is one of the earliest and most noticeable signs. Crow’s feet, creases, wrinkles and fine lines start to appear, and early prevention is key to maintaining a firm, healthy and rejuvenated face as you get older. Here are a few tips on how to prevent and attack eye aging and keep your eyes looking young and radiant!
1) Egg whites contain skin-tightening properties and can help reduce the appearance of crow’s feet. Beat an eye white into a foamy substance and apply all along your cheekbones and eye area, focusing on the area of your crow’s feet. Leave it on for 10 minutes and wipe it off with a cotton pad dipped in water.
Image source: http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID35945/images/Sophia-Loren-001(1).jpg
2) Extra-virgin olive oil is a naturally hydrating substance and has been used by celebrities such as Sophia Loren and Miranda Kerr to keep their skin hydrated and rejuvenated. Apply liberally all over the face, wait for 10-15 minutes and wash off with cotton pads or a wet cloth for silky-smooth skin. Doing this twice a week will make your skin glow!
3) Take some Vitamin E. Vitamin E is an antioxidant essential for regeneration of new skin cells, which help keeps the skin supple and moisturized. It can also tighten the skin around the eyes to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet as well as creases and fine lines.
4) Use nourishing eye products! Nutrient rich eye creams and eye lotions such as the Acymer Refreshing Eye Lotion contain anti-aging and moisturizing properties and are specifically designed to combat crow’s feet, creases, wrinkles and fine lines. Don’t wait until your forties to start using them, early prevention goes a long way!
Image source: http://www.aloeverahq.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Aloe-Vera-Gel-Benefits.jpg
5) Aloe vera gel is renowned for its hydrating antioxidant properties, which help to moisturize the skin and combat free radicals that may cause wrinkling. It contains essential vitamins and minerals that help brighten and tone the skin and is excellent for removing crow’s feet, wrinkles and fine lines. It is commonly used in its plant form, which is split open to obtain its gel, but it can be also consumed in a juice, so get some aloe vera and start sipping!
6) Drink plenty of water! Hydration is key to maintaining glowing, supple skin and it’s important to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to cleanse your skin and detox your body. Substitute your soda for some aqua and you’ll see the results!
Image source: http://www.motherearthnews.com/~/media/Images/MEN/Editorial/Blogs/Natural%20Health/Will%20You%20Change%20Your%20Sunscreen%20Habits%20Because%20of%20Recent%20Reports/SunscreenWeb.jpg
7) Don’t skimp on sunscreen! Exposure to the sun is one of the quickest contributors of skin aging and it’s vital to use a sunscreen with an SPF level of at least 30 on sunny days. Wearing sunscreen is one of the easiest and most important ways to protect the skin from aging and skin cancer, so apply it liberally throughout your body, including your face, and don’t forget to reapply every two hours! It’s a worthy investment for your skin.